- Pillar I: Clear Learning Targets
- Pillar II: Effective Questioning
- Pillar III: Descriptive Actionable Feedback
- Pillar IV: Students as Self Assessors
- Pillar V: Students as Peer Assessors
Above all else we learned that Pillar I is the foundation of formative assessment (there seems to be a theme developing, but you already know how important those learning targets are), with the other pillars beginning to blend together depending on situation and context in your classroom.
While we may all still be grappling with just what each of our grading philosophies are, we can definitely commit to providing feedback to our students that brings us all, student and teacher, to the higher levels of learning we strive for.